Business Inquiries: [email protected]
1. Pasta enough for 2 people
2. 2 Egg Yolks Only
3. 1 Whole Egg
4. 1 Cup of Parmesan (shredded)
5. Salt and Pepper
6. Prosciutto 1/2 Cup or 5-6 slices of bacon (sliced thin)
7. Olive Oil
8. 2 Tablespoons of Cream
9. 2 Cloves of Garlic
1. Mix the Egg yolks, whole egg, pepper and half the parmesan cheese (add cream if using). Leave to the side.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and warm up. Once warm toss the prosciutto into the pan and slowly fry on a low/ medium heat.
3. While prosciutto is cooking, start to boil the water for pasta.
4. Once prosciutto is crispy but not burnt you can turn the heat on very low or off. (if using garlic, you can toss the garlic in to flavor the oil mixture)
5. Once water is boiling, toss the pasta and follow the cooking instruction on the package. Cook just till undercooked or al dente.
6. Once pasta is close to done, return the prosciutto to heat and warm.
7. Take the pasta out, drain and add to the oil/prosciutto mixture. Make sure to save some of the water from the pasta pot.
8. Add some parmesan and black pepper, a small scoop of water from pot and stir the pasta. make sure heat is on high. Do this for 2-3 minutes.
9. Once the pasta is nice and hot, and the oil, prosciutto and cheese is mixed thouroughly turn off the heat.
10. Add the Carbonara into the egg mixture, add the remainder parmesan and black pepper to taste. Toss and serve!
I love food, life, and everything about people!!! Travel, cooking, and especially eating are my favorite things to do other than hanging out with my woman ItsJudyTime. If you love food make sure to SUBSCRIBE for more videos on fun food stuff and cooking recipes.
*all amazon links are affiliates