This Mental Health inquiry public hearing in Melbourne provided people with the opportunity to elaborate on their submissions, respond to submissions of others, and to discuss their ideas and issues with our Commissioners. This hearing ran from 8.30am AEDT yesterday and concluded at 3.30pm AEDT.
9:45 Proceedings commence
* People Power International
* Mental Health Victoria
* Beyond Blue
* Prevention United
* Vikein Mouradian
* Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council
* Mental Health Legal Centre
* Australian Music Therapy Association
* Cyber Values.org
* The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
* Australians for Mental Health
* Independent Private Psychiatrists Group
* The ACT of Living
* Prue Lynch
Submissions to the inquiry close Thursday 23 January 2020, and we invite anyone interested to make a submission to do so via our website.
The recording and transcript of this public hearing will be made available on the Commission’s website once readied. Any organisation or person can participate, either to appear and discuss their submissions or to observe the proceedings.
To read our factsheets, overview or the full draft report on Mental Health in Australia visit https://www.pc.gov.au/mental-health-draft
We are not in a position to provide advice or make recommendations on individual circumstances. Rather, our focus is on the broad issues raised in response to the inquiry terms of reference.
If you need specific help or advice, you can contact one of the services below:
• Lifeline Australia 13 11 14
• Suicide Call Back 1300 659 467
• Kids Help Line 1800 551 800
• BeyondBlue 1300 224 636
• eHeadspace 1800 650 890
• Carers Australia 1800 242 636