Sweet Corn Chicken Soup | Chicken Soup | Chicken Sweet Corn Soup | Chicken Soup Recipe | Healthy Chicken Soup | Homemade Chicken Soup
Ingredients for Sweet Corn Chicken Soup:
Makes 4 bowls of soup (250 ml each)
For Chicken Stock:
– Chicken pieces, mix of boneless & bone-in pieces – 350 gms
– Water- 1 litre
– Small onion, quartered- 1
– Crushed garlic- 4
– Bay leaf- 2
– Peppercorns- 10
– Salt- 1/2 tsp
– Shredded boiled chicken- 1.5 cups
– Corn kernels- 1 cup
– Sweet corn paste- 5 tbsp
– Egg whites- 2
– Spring onion greens- 2 tbsp
– Salt- 3/4 tsp
– Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
– Cornflour slurry- 3 tbsp cornflour in 3 tbsp water
– Take a pan and add all the items for the chicken stock. Mix and bring it to boil. Lower the heat and cover & cook on low heat for 30 mins.
– Strain the chicken stock, remove the chicken pieces and shred the chicken into small pieces.
– Take a pan and boil the fresh sweet corn for 15 mins. Remove, allow it to cool and remove the corn kernels.
– Take half of it in a blender and blend it into a paste by adding 1/2 cup water.
– Take out whites of 2 eggs and set aside.
– Chop the spring onion greens.
– Add the strained chicken stock into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
– Lower the heat and add the sweet corn paste, shredded boiled chicken and the corn kernels. Mix it well and add the salt & white pepper powder.
– Cover & cook on low heat for 6-7 mins till the sweet corn paste is cooked.
– Add the corn slurry, mix it in and cook on low heat for 2 mins.
– Add the spring onion greens and give a mix.
– Lastly add the egg whites slowly stirring constantly to scramble the egg whites. Stir in for a minute to form thin strings.
– Cook on low heat for 2 more mins. Serve hot.
#sweetcornchickensoup #chickensoup #healthychickensoup #chickensouprecipe #chickencornsoup #healthysouprecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatrecipes #sweetcornsoup